All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis book brings together the latest information on the rapid advances and developments in the field of aquatic ecology. India is very rich in terms of biological diversity due to its wide range of habitats and climatic conditions. It is home to as much as 7 per cent of the world's animal species, although it only accounts for about 2 per cent of the total landmass. The present work on biodiversity, ecology and conservation of aquatic resources represents original research in the field of aquatic biodiversity, wetland ecology and its applications with reference to the country's aquatic resources. There are 19 chapters, each contributed by an expert in his/her particular field and offering vel approaches to various topics in the area of aquatic ecosystems.
- Author BiographyDr. Mamta Rawat M.Sc. Ph.D., Scientist and Head, Water & Health Program, Ecology and Rural Development Society, Jodhpur, Rajasthan is actively engaged in research activities on various health and environmental issues of Great Indian Desert of Rajasthan since 1999. Apart from this she has keen interest in the area of groundwater contaminations, eco-toxicology, water pollution, ecological engineering and wastewater treatment. She has received Fast Track Young Scientist Fellowship in year 2005 from Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India. Dr. Rawat is associated with various professional and scientific societies. Presently she is an editorial board member of Indian Journal of Environment and Fisheries . She has published more than 35 research papers in peer reviewed national and international journals, conferences, seminars and symposiums, and published two books. Dr. Sumit Dookia M.Sc. Ph.D., is working as Assistant Professor at Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, New Delhi. His doctoral research work is on the Ecology of Chinkara from Great Indian Desert. He worked as research fellow at Zoological Survey of India, Jodhpur in the research project titled Studies on faunal communities of Great Indian Desert . He also worked in Satpura-Maikal landscape, particularly in Kanha, Pench and Satpura Tiger Reserve in Madhya Pradesh with Project Tiger Directorate, New Delhi and Wildlife Institute of India, Dehra Dun. He authored more than 40 research papers, in journals, as chaper in books, symposium and conferences. Dr. C. Sivaperuman M.Sc. D.B.T. Ph.D., is working as Scientist-D in Zoological Survey of India, Port Blair. He received Master Degree in Wildlife Biology from Bharathidasan University, Tamil Nadu. His doctorate degree is in Ecology of Wetland Birds in the Vembanad-Kole Ramsar site from (Kerala Forest Research Institute, Kerala) Forest Research Institute, Deemed University, Dehra Dun. He has worked in different parts of the country in various ecosystems, which includes Kerala, Rajasthan and Andaman & Nicobar Islands. He has published more than 180 research papers in national and international Journals and Newsletters. He also authored/edited more than 20 books in his credit. He participated and presented research papers in 40 National and International seminars and symposium. He is life member of different scientific societies in India and other countries.
- PublisherSpringer, India, Private Ltd
- Date of Publication29/01/2015
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSpringer, India, Private Ltd
- Content Note17 black & white illustrations, 50 colour illustrations, 56 black & white tables, biography
- Weight899 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byChandrakasan Sivaperuman,Mamta Rawat,Sumit Dookia
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.