All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a vivid photographic record of daily life in Istanbul from the 1940s to the 1980s. Captured through the unerring lens of the award winning Ara Guler, the Eye of Istanbul, it reflects the city's melancholy aesthetic as it oscillates between tradition and modernity. Gulers remarkable duotone photographs are accompanied by evocative commentaries from Orhan Pamuk, ather leading figure in Turkish culture. Both writer and photographer each held in their youth the ambition of becoming a painter. Here, each in his own way paints a brushless picture of his hometown and captures, through image and word, its very soul.
- Author(s)Ara Guler,Orhan Pamuk
- PublisherThames & Hudson Ltd
- Date of Publication12/10/2009
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThames & Hudson Ltd
- Content Note153 illustrations
- Weight1380 g
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.