All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBeginning with the early Arab-American playwright, poet and velist Kahlil Gibran and concluding with contemporary playwright Yussef El Guindi, this book provides an historical overview and critical analysis of the plays, films and performances of self-identified Arab Americans. Arab-American identity, self-representation and the tion of resistance literature in these works are addressed. Playwrights, performers and filmmakers covered include Ameen Fares Rihani, Danny Thomas, Heather Raffo, Ahmed Ahmed, Mona Mansour and Cherien Dabis. These artists, traditionally underrepresented in entertainment, publishing and academia, have created works that exemplify the burgeoning Arab-American arts movement. By addressing cinema, stand-up comedy and solo performance, the author introduces audiences to contemporary genres that are currently shaping Arab American culture in the U.S.
- Author BiographyMichael Malek Najjar is an assistant professor of Theatre Arts at the University of Oregon, USA and is a director, playwright, and scholar of Arab American drama. He lives in Eugene, Oregon, USA.
- Author(s)Michael Malek Najjar
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/01/2015
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Note30 photographs
- Weight399 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.