All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores the complex relationship between the vel and identity in modern Arab culture against a backdrop of contemporary Egypt. It uses the example of the Egyptian vel to interrogate the root causes - religious, social, political, and psychological - of the lingering identity crisis that has afflicted Arab culture for at least two centuries.
- Author BiographyMuhammad Siddiq is Associate Professor at the Department for Near Eastern Studies, University of California, Berkeley, USA.
- Author(s)Muhammad Siddiq
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication07/06/2007
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleRoutledge Studies in Middle Eastern Literatures
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight498 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.