All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionThe rise of Arab satellite stations, Arabic websites and transnational Arabic newspapers and magazines means that Arab media are reaching larger audience and readership than ever before. The Arab media play a prominent role in covering global events, with the world's eyes on news channels such as Al Jazeera, the first to bring us breaking news. Examining the Arab media's influence in shaping Arab public opinion and the western perspectives of the Arab world, Arab Media in the Information Age addresses the important questions facing observers today: what is the relationship between media independence and credibility? To what extent do commercial interests and political influence affect Arab media? What is the impact of techlogy on Arab media? And most importantly, what is the direction for the future? With comment and analysis from leading Arab and international academics such as Naomi Sakr and media professionals such as Greg Dyke, Arab Media in the Information Age is crucial to understanding the current realities for Arab media and assessing directions for the future.
- Author BiographyThe Emirates Center for Strategic Studies and Research is based in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- PublisherThe Emirates Center for Strategic Studies & Research
- Date of Publication08/09/2006
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Place of PublicationAbu Dhabi
- Country of PublicationUnited Arab Emirates
- ImprintThe Emirates Center for Strategic Studies & Research
- Weight1374 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine49 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.