All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionArab MiGs Volume 6 continues Harpia Publishing's rewned coverage of air actions by Arab air forces during the October 1973 Arab-Israeli War. After researching in the Middle East for more than 40 years, interviewing and discussing the fighting in detail with pilots, participants and eyewitnesses from almost every unit involved, the authors provide the first ever coherent narrative of this air war. While it has often been argued that air power did t play a dominant role in the conflict, it eventually proved critical to its outcome. Moreover, thousands of combat experiences that were learned during this war - and paid for in blood by both sides - proved extremely influential for the development of new aircraft types and new weapons systems. The October 1973 conflict was one of the best examples of the ever increasing importance of electronic warfare and unmanned aircraft upon the modern-day battlefield, and therefore prompted fundamental changes in the tactics and strategy of the dominant air powers across the globe during the late 20th century. As well as enabling the reader to gain a clear insight into the nature of the air operations by all involved air powers - and the Arab air forces in particular - and the weaponry deployed, this book contains a detailed cross-examination of claims from both sides, analyses aircraft losses on both sides and lays bare the over-claims, regardless of whether officially confirmed. Descriptions based on the reminiscences of veteran aircrews provide an unprecedented insider's view of key aircraft and operations, illustrating how developments in techlogy and information warfare added a new dimension to the history of air warfare. Supported by a plethora of background information, more than 300 photographs, colour profiles, maps and diagrams depicting the action, aircraft, camouflage patterns, markings, and weaponry deployed, Arab MiGs Volume 6 is set to become the standard reference work on the subject.
- Author BiographyTom Cooper, from Austria, is a military-aviation journalist and historian. Following a career in a worldwide transportation business - in which, during his extensive travels in Europe and the Middle East, he established excellent contacts - he moved into writing. An earlier fascination with post-Second World War military aviation has narrowed to focus on smaller air forces and conflicts, about which he has collected extensive archives of material. Concentrating primarily on air warfare that has previously received scant attention, he specializes in investigative research on little-known African and Arab air forces, as well as the Iranian Air Force. Cooper has published 18 books - including the unique 'Arab MiGs' series, which examines the deployment and service history of major Arab air forces in conflicts with Israel - as well as over 200 articles on related topics, providing a window into a number of previously unexamined yet fascinating conflicts and relevant developments.
- Author(s)Albert Grandolini,David Nicolle,Lon O. Nordeen,Martin Smisek,Tom Cooper
- PublisherHarpia Publishing, LLC
- Date of Publication17/12/2015
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleArab MiGs
- Series Part/Volume Numberv.6
- Place of PublicationHouston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarpia Publishing, LLC
- Content NoteIllustrations, colour and b&w photos
- Weight1066 g
- Width211 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.97
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.