Arab MiGs: Transition and War of Attrition, 1967-1973: Volume 4 by Tom Cooper, Lon Nicolle, David Nicolle (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $49.48Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $116.94+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionVolume 4 in Harpia Publishing's highly successful Arab MiGs series expands the history of the major Arab air forces that became involved in the wars with Israel during the period 1967 to 1973. It solves the intractable complexity of this violent period by dispassionately outlining the sequence of political and military events - in chrological and geographic order. The reader is systematically taken through Egyptian attempts to reconstruct its battered air force and expand its air defense capabilities, and then reestablish control of its airspace in spite of increasing and ever more aggressive Israeli attacks. The military support Israel received from the United States t only resulted in both sides developing, testing and employing ever more advanced methods of air warfare, but eventually provoked a Soviet military intervention, which marked the culmination of the period better kwn as the War of Attrition. The narrative continues with dramatic descriptions of the developments in Jordan, which culminated in a civil war in 1970, and with an exclusive insight into the previously unkwn expansion of the Syrian air arm with extensive support from Czechoslovakia, in the late 1960s and early 1970s. The content is concluded with lesser kwn military events in Algeria, Morocco, Iraq and Libya, where a series of military coups resulted in developments that were to become critical t only for the future of the local air forces, but also well beyond the borders of those countries.
- Author BiographyDavid Nicolle was born in London in 1944. He worked for the BBC Television News and the BBC Arabic Service while also writing for educational magazines on various historical subjects - including aviation - before receiving a PhD from Edinburgh University. While continuing to write and illustrate articles for educational magazines, Dr Nicolle also started writing books on various aspects of aviation and military history - largely focusing upon the Arab and Islamic world. In 1983, he became a lecturer in History at Yarmouk University in Jordan, where he continued to teach until 1987. After returning to England, Dr Nicolle continued to write and now has more than 100 books and dozens of TV documentaries to his name. Tom Cooper, from Austria, is a military-aviation journalist and historian. Following a career in a worldwide transportation business - in which, during his extensive travels in Europe and the Middle East, he established excellent contacts - he moved into writing. An earlier fascination with post-Second World War military aviation has narrowed to focus on smaller air forces and conflicts, about which he has collected extensive archives of material. Concentrating primarily on air warfare that has previously received scant attention, he specializes in investigative research on little-known African and Arab air forces, as well as the Iranian Air Force. Cooper has published 18 books - including the unique 'Arab MiGs' series, which examines the deployment and service history of major Arab air forces in conflicts with Israel - as well as over 200 articles on related topics, providing a window into a number of previously unexamined yet fascinating conflicts and relevant developments.
- Author(s)David Nicolle,Lon Nicolle,Tom Cooper
- PublisherHarpia Publishing, LLC
- Date of Publication01/10/2013
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleArab MiGs
- Place of PublicationHouston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarpia Publishing, LLC
- Content NoteIllustrations, color and b/w photos
- Weight1021 g
- Width210 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.16New
- AU $64.84Used
- AU $78.59New
- AU $105.40New
- AU $75.53Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $45.70Trending at AU $72.17
- AU $21.27Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.54
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.10
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.31
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $18.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.