All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThe MiG-21 provided the backbone of frontline Arab air combat strength for many years and remained the Arabs only real hope of challenging Israeli air supremacy. This book tells, in great detail, the story of the MiG-21 in Egyptian, Syrian and Iraqi service. It includes numerous photographs, most of which have t been seen outside the Arab world and a large proportion of which have never previously been published anywhere. The material is drawn from official sources and from the private collections and recollections of men who flew, or met, these aircraft in combat.
- Author BiographyDavid Nicolle worked in the BBC Arabic service for a number of years, before gaining an MA from SOAS and a doctorate from Edinburgh University. He later taught at Yarmuk University, Jordan. He has written many books and articles on Islamic warfare. Tom Cooper is an aviation researcher based in Austria. He has excellent contacts in the Arab world, and is presently working on a series of titles for Osprey on military aircraft in Iranian service during the Iran-Iraq War.
- Author(s)David Nicolle,Tom Cooper
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication19/03/2004
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleCombat Aircraft
- Series Part/Volume Number44
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note96 b&w and 16 colour illustrations
- Weight313 g
- Width190 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.