All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExcerpt from Arabella and Araminta Interest is the magic key to success. Enthusiastic interest in any subject will eventually lead one to become, in a greater or less degree, master of that subject. This is as true in the world of arts and letters as in the business world. It is as true with the primary pupil as with the would-be scientist. Since educators have discovered the pedagogical value of this truth, they have turned their attention more carefully to the form and manner of presenting to children the rudimentary facts of formulas of education. They longer believe that any book, with a vocabulary sufficiently simple, is good eugh for the little children, and that the really interesting stories should be held for them to read later, after fluency has rewarded their hard and perhaps unhappy efforts. The watch word w is thing is too good for the children. We do t mean by this, however, that we should try to make life always smooth and easy for them. But we should make it interesting, for interest means impetus, and a constant and strong impetus in the right direction means high achievement. About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art techlogy to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
- Author(s)Gertrude Smith
- PublisherForgotten Books
- Date of Publication27/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintForgotten Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight163 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.