All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionWhile most courses in Egyptian Arabic teach the essentials of syntax, morphology, and vocabulary, this second in a series of three books takes the student a step beyond and focuses on colorful expressions used by native speakers. The learner will advance from kwing how to form a good sentence to being able to express his or her thoughts about the ups and downs of daily life using culturally appropriate phrases.Following the first volume which highlighted the many expressions used to describe people, their characteristics, their behaviors, and their attitudes, this second volume focuses on proverbs and their use. Each entry is given fully voweled, and definitions (including contation) and explanations are given in Egyptian Colloquial Arabic. The book also contains a large number of exercises.
- Author BiographyKamal Al Ekhnawy is an Arabic instructor at the Arabic Language Institute at the American University in Cairo. He has been teaching both Egyptian Colloquial and Modern Standard Arabic since 1989. Jamal Ali is a Distinguished Lecturer in Arabic at Hunter College in New York City. He is the author of Language and Heresy in Ismaili Thought and has taught both Egyptian Arabic and Modern Standard Arabic at a number of American universities.
- Author(s)Jamal Ali,Kamal Al Ekhnawy
- PublisherThe American University in Cairo Press
- Date of Publication15/06/2011
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Place of PublicationCairo
- Country of PublicationEgypt
- ImprintThe American University in Cairo Press
- Weight354 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.