All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionThis work offers a seminal research into Arabic translations of the Pentateuch. It is exaggeration to speak of this field as a terra incognita. Biblical versions in Arabic were produced over many centuries, on the basis of a wide range of source languages (Hebrew, Syriac, Greek, or Coptic), and in varying contexts. The textual evidence for this study is exclusively based on a corpus of about 150 manuscripts, containing the Pentateuch in Arabic or parts thereof.
- Author BiographyRonny Vollandt, Ph.D. (2011), is a Professor of Jewish Studies at the Ludwig-Maximilians-Universitat, Munich. His research focuses on the Arabic versions of the Bible and biblical exegesis in the Arabic language, more broadly, medieval Christian- and Judaeo-Arabic literature.
- Author(s)Ronny Vollandt
- Date of Publication15/03/2015
- Languageeng, ara, heb
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Series TitleBiblia Arabica
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Place of PublicationLeiden
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight667 g
- Width16 mm
- Height24 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.