All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume is a continuation of the catalogue compiled by Colin F. Baker and Meira Polliack, Arabic and Judaeo-Arabic Manuscripts in the Cambridge Genizah Collections: Arabic Old Series (T-S Ar. 1a-54) published in 2001, and covers the manuscripts in the New Series. The volume describes almost 9,500 Arabic and Judaeo-Arabic fragments of the Cairo Genizah. The manuscripts include Bible translations and commentaries, philosophical, medical and historical texts, as well as business and private letters. They will be of interest to scholars from a broad range of fields including theology, history of the Middle East, Jewish studies, Middle Arabic, comparative Semitic studies, medicine, mathematics and geography. These manuscripts offer a rare glimpse into the everyday lives of the Jews living in Arab lands in the medieval period.
- Author BiographyAvihai Shivtiel is Research Associate at the Taylor-Schechter Genizah Research Unit, University Library Cambridge. Friedrich Niessen is Research Associate at the Taylor-Schechter Genizah Research Unit, University Library Cambridge.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication16/02/2006
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Series TitleCambridge University Library Genizah Series
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 14
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note24 b/w illus.
- Weight2160 g
- Width217 mm
- Height304 mm
- Spine44 mm
- Edited byAvi Shivtiel,Friedrich Niessen
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.