All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis mograph presents the results of archaeological excavations undertaken during the construction of six Bord Gais Eireann pipelines, mainly in County Cork but also extending into south County Tipperary. Seventy-one new archaeological sites were discovered and these are presented chrologically. There is specific focus on topics such as Late Neolithic Grooved Ware practices, Bronze Age settlements, fulachtai fia or burnt mound sites, Iron Age funerary rituals, Early Medieval settlement enclosures and both cereal-drying and metalworking traditions from the Iron Age to the Medieval period. The analysis and research presented is based on the results of excavations prepared by each site director. Lavishly illustrated, this volume presents the findings in an attractive and comprehensive manner.
- Author BiographyKerri Cleary completed doctoral research in 2007 on Bronze Age settlements in Ireland. She has worked in academic and commercial archaeology, as a contributor to Archaeological Excavations at Tullahedy, County Tipperary (2011) and as project coordinator for the sixth volume in the Excavations at Knowth series. Her current role is postdoctoral Research Fellow with the Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies, University of Wales.
- Author(s)Kerri Cleary
- PublisherThe Collins Press
- Date of Publication16/02/2015
- Place of PublicationCork
- Country of PublicationIreland
- ImprintThe Collins Press
- Out-of-print date20/06/2016
- Content NoteMaps and photos
- Weight1966 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine29 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.84
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.