All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionBeginning with the early English colonisation of Ireland and Virginia, the international range of contributors in Archaeology of the British examine the interplay of objects and identity in Scotland and Wales, regional England, Canada, Australia, South Africa, Cyprus, and Sri Lanka. Informed by developments in historical archaeology and by postcolonial scholarship, the case-studies in this volume look at the colonists themselves. The evidence draws upon includes vernacular architecture, landscapes, and objects of everyday life. Archaeologies of the British makes it clear that Britishness has never been a fixed entity, and that material culture can challenge historical and contemporary understandings of Britishness.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication29/06/2010
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight521 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited bySusan Lawrence
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.