All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a brilliant study of utopia and science fiction, from Thomas More to Philip K. Dick, by the master literary critic. Archaeologies of the Future , Jameson's most substantial work since Postmodernism , investigates the development of the Utopian form since Thomas More, and interrogates the functions of Utopian thinking in a post-Communist age. The relationship between utopia and science fiction is explored through the representations of otherness...alien life and alien worlds...and a study of the works of Philip K. Dick, Ursula LeGuin, William Gibson, Brian Aldiss, Kim Stanley Robinson and more.
- Author BiographyFredric Jameson is Distinguished Professor of Comparative Literature at Duke University. He is the author of numerous books, including Late Marxism, The Modernist Papers and A Singular Modernity.
- Author(s)Fredric Jameson
- PublisherVerso Books
- Date of Publication16/04/2007
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVerso Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight680 g
- Width152 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine34 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.