All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe seventh edition of ARCHAEOLOGY reflects the most recent research and changes in the field, while covering core concepts in an exceptionally student-friendly fashion by using personalized examples and high-interest topics. The text pairs two of archaeology's most recognized names, Robert L. Kelly and David Hurst Thomas, who together have over 75 years of experience leading excavations.
- Author BiographyRobert L. Kelly began collecting arrowheads in farmers' fields when he was 10 years old. He has participated in archaeological research since 1973, when he was a sophomore in high school. He has worked on excavations in North and South America and conducted ethnographic research in Madagascar. He currently is conducting research into the archaeology of Wyoming's Bighorn and Absaroka Mountains, and Glacier National Park. A former president of the Society for American Archaeology and current editor of American Antiquity, Kelly has published over 100 articles and books, including The Foraging Spectrum: Diversity in Hunting and Gathering Societies (1995) and The Lifeways of Hunter-Gatherers (2013). Dr. Kelly has been a professor at the University of Wyoming since 1997. David Hurst Thomas has served as curator of anthropology at the American Museum of Natural History in New York City since 1972. A specialist in Native American archaeology, Thomas discovered both Gatecliff Shelter (Nevada) and the lost 16th- and 17th-century Franciscan mission Santa Catalina de Guale on St. Catherine's Island, Georgia. He has led the long-term excavation of Mission San Marcos near Santa Fe (New Mexico) and recently returned to St. Catherine's Island for long-term archaeological exploration. A founding trustee of the National Museum of the American Indian at the Smithsonian since 1989, Thomas has published extensively. His works include 100 papers and 30 books -- most recently, the bestselling Skull Wars: Kennewick Man, Archaeology, and The Battle for Native American Identity. Archaeologist Thomas likes old stuff, including his 1961 Corvette, his 130-year-old house, and the Oakland Raiders.
- Author(s)David Thomas,Robert Kelly
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication27/01/2016
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationMason, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCENGAGE Learning Custom Publishing
- Weight862 g
- Width213 mm
- Height271 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement7th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.89Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.19Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.