All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume describes all the excavations carried out in Bath between 1976 and 1985 outside the central area of the Roman baths and the temple precinct. It includes the excavations at Orange Grove, at the east end of the 12th century abbey and the post-medieval development of the area; also a full sequence of buildings and stratigraphy from Roman through Medieval to 17th century in Swallow Street, close to the presumed site of the Bishop's Palace within the Monastic close; also a Roman building with mosaic floor and overlying burials in Abbey Street. The volume includes accounts of several other smaller sites and discoveries in and around Bath, including an inlaid Viking sword. Additional technical reports are provided on microfiche.
- PublisherOxford University School of Archaeology
- Date of Publication01/12/1990
- Series TitleOxford University Committee for Archaeology monograph
- Series Part/Volume Number28
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University School of Archaeology
- Content Note129 figs, 1 fiche.
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Edited byPeter Davenport
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.94
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.97Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.