All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis reprinting makes available again the only book of its kind to be focused upon the prehistoric Indians of Mississippi. Although written expressly for the layreader, it has continued for more than eighty years to appeal to a wide audience that ranges from professional archeologists and scholars to weekend artifact collectors. Published originally in 1926, Archeology of Mississippi details Brown's records collected during more than a decade of research. Anyone wishing to investigate archeology in Mississippi must start with this book. As early as 1912 Brown, a professor of romance languages at the University of Mississippi, began taking photographs of Mississippi Indian mounds. His are the only photographic records of certain cultural sites that have since then been drastically altered.
- Author BiographyJanet Ford is associate professor of anthropology at the University of Mississippi, where she is curator of the Calvin S. Brown Collection.
- Author(s)Calvin S. Brown
- PublisherRethink Press
- Date of Publication01/12/1992
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationGt Yarmouth
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLean Marketing Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight557 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Introduction byJanet Ford
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.