All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $76.73
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.80Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
About this product
- DescriptionThe Chinese model of the Five Elements (wood, fire, metal, earth, and water) and the Twelve Officials (the organ systems that comprise the map of traditional Chinese medicine) has been applied as a system of medicine for three thousand years to balance chi, the vital force of the body. Archetypal Acupuncture explains to both acupuncturists and the general public how to work with these maps of energy and use them to diagse physical illness, resolve emotional imbalances, and navigate the stages of life.
Dr. Dolowich's goal is to revitalize these traditional teachings for the modern world--and in the process bring East and West together. Through an archetypal approach to Chinese medicine, he shows how we can gain fresh insights into the roots of illness while uncovering a positive vision of wellness and the healing process. The book draws on case histories, spiritual poetry (especially Rilke and Rumi), classic sources such as the I Ching, and examples from contemporary culture in order to bring the elements alive. Individual chapters explore the interface of Eastern and Western medicine, Chinese numerology, spiritual aspects of the elements, archetypal patterns in popular culture, and strategies for cultivating a life in harmony with the rhythms of nature.
- Author(s)Gary Dolowich
- PublisherNorth Atlantic Books,U.S.
- Date of Publication19/10/2011
- SubjectAlternative Therapies & Health
- Place of PublicationBerkeley, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorth Atlantic Books,U.S.
- Content Note20 Black and White Tables
- Weight553 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.