Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.13Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionPublished in 1880-1, this three-volume edition of the extant works of the Greek mathematician Archimedes of Syracuse (c.287-c.212 BCE) was edited by the Danish philologist and historian Johan Ludvig Heiberg (1854-1928), whose Quaestiones Archimedeae (1879) is also reissued in this series. He later discovered a medieval palimpsest containing lost works by Archimedes, which significantly expanded the can, but the present collection was produced long before this and therefore contains the works kwn at the time of publication. Heiberg consulted a Florentine codex, which he painstakingly compared with other sources to produce his edition. This second volume contains On Spirals, On the Equilibrium of Planes, The Sand Reckoner, The Quadrature of the Parabola, On Floating Bodies, the Liber Assumptorum (w thought to be apocryphal), the cattle problem and fragments. The texts are given in the original Greek with parallel Latin translation, tes and introductory material.
- PublisherCambridge Library Collection
- Date of Publication18/04/2013
- Series TitleCambridge Library Collection - Classics
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note11 b/w illus.
- Weight610 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edited byJohan Ludvig Heiberg
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.