Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $36.88Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $51.94+ AU $28.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSince 1985, Architect? has been an essential text for aspiring architects, offering the best basic guide to the profession available. This third edition has been substantially revised and rewritten, with new material covering the latest developments in architectural and construction techlogies, digital methodologies, new areas of focus in teaching and practice, evolving aesthetic philosophies, sustainability and green architecture, and alternatives to traditional practice. Architect? tells the inside story of architectural education and practice; it is realistic, unvarnished, and insightful. Chapter 1 asks Why Be an Architect? and chapter 2 offers reasons Why Not to Be an Architect. After this provocative beginning, Architect? goes on to explain and critique architectural education, covering admission, degree and curriculum types, and workload as well as such post-degree options as internship, teaching, and work in related fields. It offers a detailed discussion of professors and practitioners and the -isms and -ologies most prevalent in teaching and practicing architecture. It explains how an architect works and gets work, and describes architectural services from initial client contact to construction oversight. The new edition also includes a generous selection of drawings and cartoons from the author's Washington Post column, Shaping the City, offering teachable moments wittily in graphic form. The author, Roger Lewis, has taught, practiced, and written extensively about architecture for many years. In Architect? he explains -- for students, professors, practitioners, and even prospective clients -- how architects think and work and what they care about as they strive to make the built environment more commodious, more beautiful, and more sustainable.
- Author BiographyRoger K. Lewis is a practicing architect and planner, Professor Emeritus of Architecture at the University of Maryland, and a columnist for the Washington Post.
- Author(s)Roger K. Lewis
- PublisherMIT Press Ltd
- Date of Publication06/09/2013
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass.
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMIT Press
- Content Note94 b&w illus.
- Weight549 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
- Interest AgeFrom 18
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
The 8-Week Blood Sugar Diet: Lose Weight Fast and Reprogramme Your Body for Life by Michael Mosley (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $19.35New
- AU $7.78Used
- AU $21.21New
Women Who Run with Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estes (Paperback, 1996)
- AU $14.03New
- AU $6.47Used
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $23.70New
- AU $11.12Used
- AU $19.95New
- AU $32.03New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.86Trending at AU $29.92
- AU $40.04Trending at AU $43.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.32
- AU $19.74Trending at AU $29.92
- AU $58.25Trending at AU $62.32
- AU $101.89Trending at AU $118.47
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $78.19
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.