All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGo beyond the basics: making SketchUp work for you Architectural Design with SketchUp, Second Edition, is the leading guide to this incredibly useful tool for architects, interior designers, construction professionals, and makers. With easy to follow tutorials that first brush up on the basics of the program and then cover many advanced processes, this resource offers both informative text and full-color illustrations to clearly convey the techniques and features you need to excel. The updated second edition has a new chapter that explains how to make things with SketchUp, and covers 3D printing, design to fabrication, CNC milling, and laser cutting. Other chapters also w cover Building Information Modeling (BIM) and 3D web content generation. Additionally, the revised text offers insight into the latest products and plugin extensions, navigation methods, import/export options, and 3D model creation features to ensure you have an up to date understanding of how to make SketchUp help you meet your project goals. A leading 3D modeling application, SketchUp features documentation capabilities through photorealistic renderings and construction drawings. Because of its ease of use and ability to be enhanced with many plugin extensions for project-specific applications, SketchUp is considered the tool of choice for professionals in the architecture, interior design, construction, and fabrication fields. * Access thoroughly updated information in an easy to understand writing style * Increase your efficiency and accuracy when using SketchUp and refresh and supplement your understanding of SketchUp's basics * Explore component-based modeling for assembly, scheduling, collaborative design, and modeling with a BIM approach * Find the right plugin extensions and understand how to best work with them * See how easy it is to generate presentation-ready renderings from your 3D models * Learn how you can use 3D printing, CNC milling, and laser cutting to make things with SketchUp * Use cookbook-style Ruby coding to create amazing 3D objects * Supplement your kwledge with video tutorials, sample files, and Ruby scripts via a robust companion website Architectural Design with SketchUp, Second Edition, is an integral resource for both students and professionals working in the architecture, interior design, construction, and fabrication industries.
- Author BiographyALEXANDER C. SCHREYER is senior lecturer and program director of the Building and Construction Technology program and faculty member in the Department of Architecture at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst. He teaches courses in AEC BIM/CAD modeling and visualization as well as materials and methods, structural design, and 3D printing. He is an active member of the SketchUp community, speaks regularly at user conferences, and owns a popular blog at alexschreyer.net.
- Author(s)Alexander C. Schreyer
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication26/02/2016
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight942 g
- Width188 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.06
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.