All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBrazil, the big B of the BRIC countries, is in high spirits. The current upswing involving booming ecomic growth and cultural development is accompanied by good architecture: a great number of outstanding buildings have emerged, reviving international interest in Brazilian architecture. This publication provides an exciting selection of 220 modern buildings from the canical works of Brazilian modern architecture to barely-kwn buildings; from works of the six best-kwn Brazilian masters namely, Oscar Niemeyer, Lucio Costa,Paulo Mendes da Rocha, Joao VilavaArtigas,Lina Bo Bardi, and Joao Filgueiras Lima (Lele) to those of young aspiring architectural offices. Coming from different cultural contexts and professional backgrounds, the three authors favoured an open-minded approach to Brazilian production. Considering the vastness of the country and the ermous number of projects, the selection presented here is far from exhaustive but presents a paramic overview that helps the traveller to see good architecture.
- Author BiographyLaurence Kimmel (1971) is a French architect and holds a PhD in aesthetics from the University Paris X Nanterre. She published the book Architecture as landscape - Alvaro Siza in 2010 (ed. Petra). She is now a teacher and researcher at the Ecole Nationale Superieure d'Architecture de Paris la Villette. Anke Tiggemann (1975) studied Interior Design in Detmold, Germany. After her degree in 2004, she worked as Research and Teaching Assistant at Hochschule Ostwestfalen- Lippe for CAD / Computer-Aided Design. Currently she lives in Berlin and works as an interior designer and author. Bruno Santa Cecilia (1977) is a Brazilian architect with degrees from the Federal University of Minas Gerais. He is professor in the undergraduate programme of UFMG and FUMEC schools of architecture, and published the book Eolo Maia: complexidade e contradicao na arquitetura brasileira in 2006 (ed. UFMG). Bruno is also a founding partner of the architecture practice Arquitetos Associados and a founding editor of MDC - Architecture Magazine.
- Author(s)Anke Tiggemann,Cecilia Santa,Laurence Kimmel
- PublisherDOM Publishers
- Date of Publication01/01/2014
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintDOM Publishers
- Weight630 g
- Width135 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.77New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.64
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.