All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow much do you kw about Greek architecture? Roman? Gothic? The Renaissance? Modernism? Perhaps more importantly, do you kw how these are connected or how one style evolved to become ather? Or what happened historically during each of these periods? Architectural History Retold is your roadmap for your journey through architectural history. Offering a fresh take on what the author calls the 'Great Enlightenment project', it traces the grand narrative of western architecture in one concise, accessible volume. Starting in Ancient Greece and leading up to the present day, Paul Davies' unconventional, engaging style brings the past back to life, helping you to think beyond separate components and styles to recognise 'the bigger picture'. The author is an academic and journalist with three decades of experience in introducing students to architectural history. The book is based on his successful entry-level course which has used the same unstuffy approach to break down barriers to understanding and engagement and inspire generations of students.
- Author BiographyPaul Davies was born on Mersea Island in 1961, and studied at Bristol University and the Polytechnic of Central London. He has taught across Britain's schools of architecture, including the Architectural Association, for over 25 years. A regular contributor to the Architectural Review, he is widely published and is a Senior Lecturer teaching history and theory of architecture at London South Bank University.
- Author(s)Paul Davies
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication16/09/2015
- SubjectThe Arts: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note13 black & white halftones, 11 black & white line drawings
- Weight340 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.44Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.24Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.