All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLavishly illustrated and super-condensed, Architecture: A World History is the perfect gift for any architecture buff. In this pocket-sized book bursting with 600 illustrations, page after page is dedicated to significant architectural movements, time lines that explore the evolution of the practice, and capsule biographies of great architects and examinations of their masterpieces. Organized chrologically, the book travels from prehistory to the present, highlighting teworthy examples of important architectural styles, and showcasing the work of significant architects, including Mies van der Rohe, Frank Gehry, Philip Johnson, Frank Lloyd Wright, Zaha Hadid, and Rem Koolhaas. From the pyramids of Egypt to the Taj Mahal, the Eiffel Tower to the Glass House, Architecture: A World History takes the reader on a whirlwind tour of the most spectacular examples of architecture from around the world and throughout time.
- Author BiographyDaniel Borden, Jerzy Elzanowski, Joni Taylor, and Stephanie Tuerk are architects, writers, and scholars who have participated in research projects and written articles for numerous publications on architectural works.
- Author(s)Daniel Borden,Jerzy Elzanowski,Joni Taylor,Stephanie Tuerk
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarry N. Abrams, Inc.
- Content Notecolour illustrations, frontispiece
- Weight744 g
- Width133 mm
- Height170 mm
- Spine40 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.