Architecture-Independent Programming for Wireless Sensor Networks: An Architecture-independent Approach by Viktor K. Prasanna, Amol B. Bakshi (Hardback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $129.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $98.06+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNew automated, application-independent methodology for designing and deploying sensor networks Following this book's clear explanations, examples, and illustrations, domain experts can design and deploy ntrivial networked sensing applications without much kwledge of the low-level networking aspects of deployment. This new approach is based on the Abstract Task Graph (ATaG), a data-driven programming model and an invative methodology forarchitecture-independent programming and automatic software synthesis for sensor networks. ATaG programs are concise, understandable, and network-independent descriptions of global application functionality that can be automatically compiled onto any target deployment. The book begins with an overview chapter that addresses the important issues of programming methodologies and compares various programming models for sensor networks. Next, the authors set forth everything you need for designing and deploying sensor networks using ATaG, including:* Detailed description of the ATaG model's features* System-level support for architecture-independent programming* Examination of the graphical programming and software synthesis environment for ATaG* Case study illustrating the process of end-to-end application development and software synthesis using ATaG Throughout the book, the authors provide code excerpts and figures to help clarify key concepts and explain each step. For programmers, the graphical formalism of the ATaG program, coupled with the fact it uses an existing language (Java), means that special training is needed to start developing and deploying applications in ATaG. Everything you need to kw is clearly set forth in this book.
- Author BiographyAmol B. Bakshi, PhD, is a Research Assistant Professor in the Ming Hsieh Department of Electrical Engineering at the University of Southern California (USC), Los Angeles. He also manages the Integrated Asset Management project at the USC-Chevron Center of Excellence for Research and Academic Training on Interactive Smart Oilfield Technologies. Dr. Bakshi's PhD research was on programming models for networked sensor systems and led to the creation of the ATaG programming model and software synthesis toolkit. His current interests include semantic Web technologies for information integration, smart oilfield technologies, model integrated computing, and sensor networks. Viktor K. Prasanna, PhD, is Charles Lee Powell Chair in Engineering and Professor of Electrical Engineering and Professor of Computer Science at the University of Southern California (USC), Los Angeles. He is also an associate member of the Center for Applied Mathematical Sciences (CAMS) at USC, and a member of the USC-Chevron Center of Excellence for Research and Academic Training on Interactive Smart Oilfield Technologies. He has served on the editorial boards of the Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, Proceedings of the IEEE, IEEE Transactions on VLSI Systems, and IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems. He was editor-in-chief of the IEEE Transactions on Computers and was the founding chair of the IEEE Computer Society Technical Committee on Parallel Processing. He is a Fellow of the IEEE and the ACM.
- Author(s)Amol B. Bakshi,Viktor K. Prasanna
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication27/05/2008
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Series TitleWiley Series on Parallel and Distributed Computing
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight484 g
- Width162 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.63Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.66
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.12
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $25.92
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $82.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.