All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionArchitecture Live Projects provides a persuasive, evidence-based advocacy for moving a particular kind of architectural learning, kwn as Live Projects, towards a holistic integration into current and future architectural curricula. Live Projects are work completed in the borderlands between architectural education and built environment practice; they include design/build work, community-based design, urban advocacy consulting and a host of other forms and models described by the book's international group of authors. Because of their position, Live Projects as vehicle for simultaneously providing teaching and service has the potential to recalibrate the contesting claims that both academia and profession make to architecture. This collection of essays and case studies consolidates current discussions on theory and learning ambitions, academic best practices, negotiation with licensure and accreditation, and considerations of architectural integrity. It is an invaluable resource to current and future Live Projects advocates - whether they aim to move from pedagogy into practice or practice into pedagogy.
- Author BiographyHarriet Harriss is a chartered architect and a senior lecturer in Architecture at Oxford Brookes University, and the founding director of 'Live Lab': a university-situated incubator for architecture business start-ups committed to social innovation. Harriet's teaching and research publications explore how architects can enable people to live better lives and whether the public or 'end users' should be given a more active role in shaping the spaces and communities in which they live and work. Lynnette Widder teaches at Columbia University and practices architectural design with aardvarchitecture in New York. From 2006 to12, she was Head of the Department of Architecture at the Rhode Island School of Design, and from 1994 to 98 was an editor of the bilingual quarterly Daidalos. She coauthored Ira Rakatansky: As Modern as Tomorrow (2010).
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication12/05/2014
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note95 black & white illustrations
- Weight385 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byLynnette Widder,Ms Harriet Harriss
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.