All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides an in-depth study of the creative and construction processes behind 25 leading contemporary buildings. Covering a broad range of international projects, the book illustrates the working methods and creative concerns of both long-established and emerging international architects. Every stage of each project is included, from the demands of the original brief, through early sketches and design development to investigation of building regulations and collaboration with engineers, contractors, builders and clients. Each project is presented through an explanatory overview, sketches, details, CAD renderings, models and construction shots, all captioned in great technical detail. Architecture: From Commission to Construction offers both students and professional architects an inspiring and informative overview of how today's major architectural projects are designed and built.
- Author BiographyJennifer Hudson is an author, editor, and researcher in the fields of contemporary design and architecture, and was the general editor of The International Design Yearbook for 15 years. She is the author of 1000 Designs and Where to Find Them Volumes 1 & 2, Interior Architecture Now, Process: 50 Product Designs from Concept to Manufacture, and Interior Architecture: From Brief to Build.
- Author(s)Jennifer Hudson
- PublisherLaurence King Publishing
- Date of Publication20/08/2012
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLaurence King Publishing
- Content Note840 Colour
- Weight1130 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.