All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
About this product
- DescriptionSvetlana Boym's Architecture of the Off-Modern is an imaginative tour through the history and afterlife of Vladimir Tatlin's legendary but unbuilt Monument to the Third International of 1920. Boym traces the vicissitudes of Tatlin's tower, from its reception in the 1920s to its privileged recall in the reservoir of ufficial utopian dreams of the Soviet era. Boym offers an alternative history of modernism, postulating the architecture of adventure as a poetic model for third-route thinking about techlogy, history, and aesthetic culture.
- Author BiographySvetlana Boym is professor of Slavic languages and literatures and professor of comparative literature at Harvard University. She is also a media artist, curator, and author of The Future of Nostalgia, Common Places: Mythologies of Everyday Life in Russia, and Death in Quotation Marks: Cultural Myths of the Modern Poet.
- Author(s)Svetlana Boym
- PublisherPrinceton Architectural Press
- Date of Publication01/11/2012
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton Architectural Press
- Content NoteIllustrations (chiefly col.)
- Weight204 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.