All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFamous all over the world for his composite heads made up of plants, fruit and animals, Arcimboldo still remains, paradoxically, a painter shrouded in mystery. This important mograph proposes to reveal the eclecticism of one of the most fertile and lively minds of the Mannerist period, placing him in the cultural context in which he lived and worked. In addition to the artist's anamorphic heads, this volume includes an important selection of his paintings (among which, numerous previously unpublished portraits), tapestries, drawings and illustrations, realised throughout his life, from the period of his training in Lombardy to his time at the Hapsburg court.
- Author BiographySylvia Ferino is the Curator of the Italian Painting of the Renaissance department at the Kunsthistorisches Museum in Wien and a collaborator at the Musee du Luxembourg in Paris.
- Author(s)Andreas Beyer,Sylvia Ferino Pagden
- Date of Publication04/02/2008
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationMilan
- Country of PublicationItaly
- Content Note180 colour illustrations
- Weight2150 g
- Width240 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.