All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionGet the most out of your Ardui to develop exciting and creative LED-based projects About This Book * Learn to control TV backlighting using an IR remote * Get introduced to sound visualization so you are able to use sound-controlled LEDs * Build an exciting persistence of vision wand Who This Book Is For Anyone with a basic computer kwledge should be able to get the most out of this book. Although familiarity with some of the electronics would be helpful, it is t a must. What You Will Learn * Set up Ardui boards to run a basic 'Hello World' program * Develop a mood lamp and expand it to become an LED night lamp * Control TV backlight color and intensity using an IR remote * Develop an IR-controlled 4*4 LED cube * Use sound visualization to develop a sound-controlled LED Christmas tree * See a fun way to create interesting long exposure photographs and light displays using persistence of vision (POV) wands In Detail Ardui is an open-source prototyping platform based on easy-to-use hardware and software. Ardui has been used in thousands of different projects and applications by a wide range of programmers and artists, and their contributions have added up to an incredible amount of accessible kwledge that can be of great help to vices and experts alike. Want to build exciting LED projects with Ardui? This book will be your companion to bring out the creative genius in you. To begin with, you will get introduced to the maker movement and the open source hardware development Ardui boards. You will then move on to develop a mood lamp and a remote-controlled TV backlight. As you progress through the book, you will develop an LED cube and will learn to use sound visualization to develop a sound-controlled LED Christmas tree. You will then move on to build a persistence of vision wand. At the end of each chapter, you'll see some common problems, their solutions, and some workarounds. Style and approach This book takes a project based approach to building LED-based projects with Ardui.
- Author BiographySamarth Shah is a software engineer by profession and maker by heart. He leads maker activities at Pune Makers and heads Infosys Robotics Club. He loves building creative/innovative prototypes using the latest hardware/sensors (Raspberry Pi, Arduino, Kinect, Leap Motion, and many more) and software. He has given talks at various national and international conferences. He has authored a book on Raspberry Pi entitled Learning Raspberry Pi, Packt Publishing. During the day, he works on various data visualization techniques and UI frameworks. At night, he does blogging, reading, writing, and many more things. You can read more about him at http://samarthshah.com. Utsav Shah is an instrumentation engineer who loves to work on the latest hardware as well as software technologies. He has been featured on India's leading website http://yourstory.in and Ahmedabad Mirror (Times Group) for his research work on Converting sign language into speech using a Leap Motion controller. Apart from his regular work at Infosys Limited, he manages activities of Infosys Robotics Club. In his leisure time, he loves to read books and work on cutting-edge technologies.
- Author(s)Samarth Shah,Utsav Shah
- PublisherPackt Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication30/05/2016
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBirmingham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPackt Publishing Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight245 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.