All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 2003, David Smiedt began a journey of discovery around South Africa. As a child his parents had taken him on endless car journeys to teach him the history of their country and tell him about his relatives and the places they had inhabited. 30 years later, he sets out to retrace those journeys but it soon turns into a love letter to his native country. This is a beautifully written travel book, with the most fantastic sense of smell, sight and sound. David also provides a real insight into the countries people describing how they have been shaped over the years by politics and migrants.
- Author BiographyDavid Smiedt was born in Johannesburg and lives in Sydney, but is yet to grow up anywhere. He has written for a wide array of publications and is the first and only Australian journalist to have articles in concurrent issues of Ralph and Your Garden. He is inordinately fond of pink cocktails but is allergic to bee-stings and people who use the phrase, 'it's all good'.
- Author(s)David Smiedt
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication01/06/2006
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEbury Press
- Weight222 g
- Width127 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.