All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA little girl wants to kw: Are you my brown bear? In a series of endearing illustrations, each bear explains why he isn't quite the one she's seeking. He might be a white bear (el oso blanco), a black bear (el oso negro), or a bear that's too hairy, or scary. With rhymes, repetition, adjectives, and a simple, effective question and response dynamic, kids will pick up a plethora of language as they turn the pages, eager to see if the next bear will be the bear. Which is her . . . teddy bear? / osito de peluche? The Hola, English! bilingual books make each story personal, and being personal makes each story interesting to every child. Are You My Brown Bear? uses descriptive adjectives to differentiate between lots of bears ( I am hairy bear. I am scary bear. I am boy bear. I am toy bear. )
- Author BiographyHarriet Ziefert: Harriet Ziefert is the acclaimed author of over 300 books for children. As an educator, Harriet was among the founding pioneers in the development and teaching of what today is known as the Common Core Curriculum. Christina O'Donovan: After studying Animation at the National Film School in Ireland and working on her own films, Christina O'Donovan moved to Cambridge, England, to pursue a master's degree in Children's Book illustration and has been illustrating children's books ever since.
- Author(s)Harriet Ziefert,Ziefert Harriet
- PublisherBlue Apple Books
- Date of Publication21/04/2015
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleHola, English!
- Place of PublicationMaplewood
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBlue Apple Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width175 mm
- Height262 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Christina O'Donovan
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.