Are You Tired and Wired?: Your Proven 30-Day Program for Overcoming Adrenal Fatigue and Feeling Fantastic by Marcelle Pick (Paperback / softback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $27.27+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionThere is an epidemic of fatigue running rampant in our society. Every morning, hundreds of thousands of women wake up to find themselves exhausted, overwhelmed, and overstressed. Groggily turning off the alarm, they reach for coffee, soda, or some other promise of energy. They suffer through the day-irritable, on edge, forgetful, depressed, and craving sweets. And then, at night, they have trouble sleeping. Diet and exercise don't seem to change things-if they even have the energy to follow these programs. So what on earth is going on?In Are You Tired and Wired?, Marcelle Pick, co-founder of Women to Women-one of the first clinics in the country devoted to providing health care for women by women-and the author of The Core Balance Diet, focuses on the root cause of these symptoms: adrenal dysfunction.With all the stresses that exist today-from challenges at home and at work to environmental toxins to chronic health problems-the adrenal glands, which are responsible for providing the fight-or-flight hormones, can force the body to endure a constant flood of stress hormones that can ultimately lead to multiple health issues, especially severe fatigue. The good news is that through diet, lifestyle adjustments, and reprogramming of stressful emotional patterns this can all be fixed!Pick helps readers identify which of three adrenal dysfunction profiles they fit-racehorse, workhorse, or flatliner-and then lays out an easy-to-follow, scientifically based program to help them restore adrenal balance, re-gear their metabolism, and regain their natural energy to live a happier and less-stressed life.
- Author BiographyMarcelle Pick, MSN, OB/GYN NP, author of The Core Balance Diet, co-founded Women to Women with a vision to change women's health care. The clinic pioneered the combination of alternative and conventional medicine, and continues to use functional medicine to treat illness and help women make life choices to prevent disease. Women to Women continues seeing thousands of women from around the world each year.Marcelle Pick earned a B.S. in Nursing and a B.A. in Psychology from the University of New Hampshire and an M.S. in Nursing from Boston College-Harvard Medical School. Certified as nurse practitioner for both OB/GYN and pediatrics, Pick has served as medical advisor to Healthy Living Magazine, lectures on a variety of topics, and appears regularly on radio and television to discuss women's health. Her radio show, Core Balance for Women's Health, airs weekly on Hay House Radio, and she writes a bi-monthly newsletter which is featured on Women to Women.com. Pick is also a member of the advisory board for the renowned Hoffman Institute.
- Author(s)Marcelle Pick
- PublisherHay House
- Date of Publication15/03/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHay House
- Weight481 g
- Width177 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.