All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLibertarianism has been rapidly growing since the 1970s. But it is still t commonly understood or even given a proper hearing. However, you will increasingly come across it. Often it will be through state enthusiasts disingenuously claiming to be libertarians . At other times it will be through state enthusiasts attacking libertarianism as an extremist ideology. And very occasionally it will be real libertarians explaining and defending their views. J C Lester is a libertarian philosopher who has been writing about why liberty is preferable to politics for about thirty years. This book contains many of his shorter writings on the subject. These range from the populist to the philosophical. Together they function as a miscellaneous introduction to libertarianism. The various different topics and approaches should give the reader a good cross-reference grasp of the subject.
- Author BiographyJ C Lester is a philosopher and the author of Escape from Leviathan and Explaining Libertarianism, as well as many articles and dialogues primarily on libertarian matters. This book contains many of his shorter writings on the subject. These range from the journalistic to the philosophical. The wide variety of topics and approaches function as a miscellaneous introduction to libertarianism. This second edition contains many minor revisions and two new chapters.
- Author(s)Jan Lester
- PublisherThe University of Buckingham Press
- Date of Publication28/08/2016
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationBuckingham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe University of Buckingham Press
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.07Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $34.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.