All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSaints and sorcerers, haunted caves and bloody battles, fairy mounds and forsaken harpers - Argyll is teeming with folk tales. The region has played a key part in the history of Scotland since prehistoric times. From the Irishsettlers who established the kingdom of Dal Riata, bringing with them the Gaelic language and the tales of Finn MacCool, to the Lords of the Isles, and the warring clans, their folk tales and legends are gathered together in this richly entertaining and beautifully illustrated book by Highland-based storyteller Bob Pegg.
- Author BiographyBob Peggis the author of Highland Folk Tales and The Little Book of Hogmanay. He has worked for the Highland Council for 16 years, organizing such events as the annual Tales at Martinmas storytelling festival. For the past 15 years he has worked as a freelance storyteller and musician. He is currently working on a Highland story walk project called Walking the Tales supported by a bursary from the Scottish Arts Council.
- Author(s)Bob Pegg
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2014
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content Note30 black & white illustrations
- Weight196 g
- Width124 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.94
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.