Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.89
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.95
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.65
- AU $13.84Trending at AU $17.86
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $21.38
- AU $11.65Trending at AU $17.14
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the defining texts of twentieth-century Catalan fiction, written by one of its most invative and cherished writers, Salvador Espriu's Ariadne in the Grotesque Labyrinth is a collection of thirty-four short stories in which the twists and turns of action, character, and place are as winding and sumptuous as the legendary maze of its title. Originally published in 1935 in the midst of great countrywide political and social upheaval, these stories are a mirror, a grotesque mirror, held up to Catalan and Spanish society. Infused with a deep sense of mythic power, blending social realism with lush modernist experiment, Ariadne in the Grotesque Labyrinth is a triumph of style. Perhaps best kwn for his poetry, Espriu's rich lyricism and highly evocative use of the Catalan language are here brought to life in the poet Rowan Ricardo Phillips's remarkable English-language translation of a classic of world literature.
- Author(s)Rowan Phillips,Salvador Espriu
- PublisherDalkey Archive Press
- Date of Publication31/08/2012
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationNormal, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDalkey Archive Press
- Weight454 g
- Width150 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.