All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionAriadne's Thread came from the need to tell stories of the amazing women in my family. All of them, born in Russia before the 1917 Revolution, settled in France where they had to adapt to a life radically different from what they had kwn. When their world collapsed, they could either collapse with it, or reinvent themselves. These women taught me the art of survival: resilience in adversity, self-reliance, frugality. Through them - my grandmother, my aunts, my mother - I learned lessons which are t taught in school, values which have sustained me throughout my life. These women's down-to-earth values have new relevance today, in a world preoccupied by appearances and material gain. By looking at my family's collective past, I see clues for a better future. If we want a better world, we could do worse than turn to a few old-fashioned values and work at putting them into practice. The book is a tribute to the precious heritage I received from people who lived and loved fully, and for whom everyday life was a celebration. I hope they will inspire many.
- Author(s)Anne Nenarokoff-Van Burek
- Date of Publication05/04/2013
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight349 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.