All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionConductors John Yaffe and David Daniels have created a one-stop sourcebook for orchestras, opera companies, conductors, and librarians programming vocal excerpts-such as solos, ensembles, and choruses-for concert performance. In this book, one finds detailed information on a vast repertoire of vocal pieces commonly extracted from operas, operettas, musicals, and oratorios-more than 1,500 excerpts from 400 parent works. Information includes basic historical details about the parent work as well as extract titles, subtitles, voice types, keys, durations, locations in the original work (with page numbers in both full scores and pia-vocal scores), and exact instrumentation.
- Author BiographyJohn Yaffe is an internationally active conductor of opera and symphonic works. He trained in Los Angeles, New York, and Italy; spent 10 years as a coach and conductor in several European opera houses; and has gone on to lead operatic and orchestral performances throughout the U.S. and in both Western and Eastern Europe. David Daniels is music director of the Warren Symphony and the author of Orchestral Music: A Handbook (Scarecrow, 2005), now in its 4th edition.
- Author(s)David Daniels,John Yaffe
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication17/11/2011
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Series TitleMusic Finders
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Weight1734 g
- Width227 mm
- Height290 mm
- Spine36 mm
Best-selling in Other
- AU $24.31New
- AU $49.49New
Save on Other
- AU $19.02Trending at AU $21.52
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $51.26
- AU $18.18Trending at AU $21.94
- AU $26.07Trending at AU $28.18
- AU $35.56Trending at AU $40.85
- AU $30.44Trending at AU $33.80
- AU $17.41Trending at AU $22.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.