All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $96.38Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.20
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.69
About this product
- DescriptionMurder and mayhem may seem like unreasonable company for Aristotle, one of the founding minds of Western philosophy. But in the skilled hands of Margaret Doody, the pairing could t be more logical. With her Aristotle Detective vels, Margaret Doody brings a Holmesian hero to the bloodied streets of ancient Greece, trading the pipe and deerstalker of Sherlock for the woolen chiton and sandals of Aristotle. Replete with suspense, historical detail, and humor, and complemented by an ever-growing cast of characters and vivid descriptions of the ancient world, Doody s mysteries are as much lively takes on the figures and forms of the classics as they are classic whodunits in their own right. Stephas and his teacher return in Aristotle and Poetic Justice, when a party given by wealthy Athenian silver miners leads to kidnapping, a ghost, a road trip to Delphi, and, of course, murder. More historical fiction than a detective vel, this sequel runs the gamut of Athenian social customs, myth, politics, and ecomicsfrom the trials of virgin love to the dangers of silver lust.
- Author BiographyMargaret Doody is the John and Barbara Glynn Family Professor of Literature at the University of Notre Dame. In addition to her Aristotle mysteries, she has published books on eighteenth-century literature, the Renaissance, ancient and modern fiction, and the significance of Venice.
- Author(s)Margaret Doody
- PublisherUniversity of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication10/03/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Weight386 g
- Width140 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.