All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAristotle is often underrated in educational circles but the impact of his philosophy and his actions are evident in the schools and universities around us today. Aristotle developed the first proper university that had different departments and vast collections of texts and artefacts. His philosophy has also influenced the greatest minds since his time, from Aquinas to today's logicians, rationalists, and empiricists. The influence of his educational thinking and his philosophy in general helped underpin the Renaissance and the modern era. In a nutshell, Aristotle took our thinking and said, 'make it sharper.' Alexander Moseley offers a thorough and comprehensive overview of the works of Aristotle and explores the influence of his thought and writings and their impact on our education systems today.
- Author BiographyAlexander Moseley is the author of several philosophy books including An Introduction to Political Philosophy, An A-Z of Philosophy and John Locke in this educational series. He has authored two novels and lectured at the University of Evansville, US, before setting up his own educational company which he runs with his wife, Moira.
- Author(s)Alexander Moseley
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication23/10/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleBloomsbury Library of Educational Thought
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Weight389 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Series Edited byProfessor Richard Bailey
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.60
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.