All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1837 Representative Joseph J. Anthony stabs the speaker of the house to death during a debate about wolf pelts. In 1899 Hot Springs police shoot it out with the county sheriffs over control of illegal gambling. In 1974 President Richard Nixon resigns in part due to the outspokenness of Pine Bluff native Martha Mitchell. In this special print project of the online Encyclopedia of Arkansas History & Culture, legendary cartoonist Ron Wolfe brings these and many other stories to life. Accompanied by selected entries from the encyclopedia, Wolfe's cartoons highlight the oddities and absurdities of our state's history. Seriously, you couldn't make up this stuff.
- Author BiographyGuy Lancaster is the editor of the online Encyclopedia of Arkansas History & Culture, a project of the Butler Center for Arkansas Studies at the Central Arkansas Library System. He lives in Little Rock, USA with his wife, Anna. Ron Wolfe is a cartoonist and features writer for the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette as well as author of the graphic novel Knights of the Living Dead . He and his puppeteer wife, Jan Wolfe, live in Little Rock, USA.
- PublisherButler Centre for Arkansas Studies
- Date of Publication30/10/2014
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationLittle Rock
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintButler Centre for Arkansas Studies
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width279 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byGuy Lancaster
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.88Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.