All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAge level: 9 and up / Grade level: 4 and up / Series: Arkeepers Fiction (Fantasy, Science Fiction, Mystery, Detective, Adventure, Humor and Magic) From the best-selling and award-winning children's author, W.J.Madsen, comes the most anticipated series of 2012. Imaginative settings reminiscent of Lewis Carroll's 'Through the Looking -Glass' and a fantastical plot sure to captivate an audience of any age! About the series: The mysteries of the universe are w in the spirited hands of new young Keepers! But what these Angelik children-Jake and Alexa Moustachio, do t kw, but are destined to find out, is that they belong to the most cherished of all families. Their ancestors dated back as far as time can stretch. The Moustachios have been, and will always be, the Keepers of the Universe-Angelik Arkeepers to be exact, those special eugh to be chosen to watch over all that is, was, and will be, and to protect all the secrets of the universe from the Deminion Darkeepers, who would dare do it harm. And it is those individuals who are evil eugh to challenge what is pure, who will awaken the unsuspecting powers that lie within the mystical magnifying glass willed to the young sleuths by their beloved grandfather, Buck Moustachio. This magnifying glass, made of ancient Egyptian crystals, is able to transport the young detectives to worlds within hidden dimensions of the cosmos-worlds filled with smart-aleck talking animals, wickedly funny villains, and mysterious cases to solve. Two ark-magnifying glasses, two keys of life, one ancient box, and their grandpa's journal are all that stand in the way of saving the universe from its impending doom. A scavenger hunt across the ages awaits the young Moustachios as they are chased through time by the maniacal Baron Von Sdgrass, who will stop at thing to seek his revenge on the Moustachio family. Secrets are revealed, and lies are told on the other side of their grandfather's magnifying glass. And only Jake Moustachio, his sister Alexa, and their outrageous pets are the chosen ones to unravel all that there is- to unravel! Episode One: KEEPERS An ancient castle; Two food-fighting & knife-throwing culinary queens; A fidgety Timekeeper; One temperamental moose head; Five renegade ghostly knights, The mystical magnifying glass; Stolen Time; The power hungry baron; A volatile mounted pink elephant head; One gutsy boy; His oh-so-sassy sister; A date with destiny...and their pussycat! Episode Two: ANGELIKS A wild western frontier; Two bickering and jibber jabbing old goats; A blue ribbon & tiara wearing pig; One washed up beauty queen; Kidnapped cows; An age-old family recipe; The lovesick weeping bull; Treacherous archenemy ranchers; Hunting for buried treasure; The sinister baron; One plucky girl; The oh-so-brave brother; Her scatterbrained guinea pig; A twist of fate...and their pussycat! Episode Three: DARKEEPERS Deciphering a cryptic sandstone puzzle; The storm of the century; One double-talking ostrich head; A quacking one-eyed duck; Cursed cantankerous baby pirates; Three unscrupulous wise-guy sea monkeys; A stolen mystical conch shell; The Devil's Triangle; Racing across the Seven Seas; One phony journal; The megalomaniac baron; The mystery-solving siblings; Two oh-so-feisty felines; An unforeseen future...and their guinea pig Episode Four: GUARDIANS An ancient Egyptian secret; The Great Pyramids of the Worlds; Three half-witted & overly-catnipped Sphynx kitties; The All Hallows Eve Masquerade Ball; A conniving mummy; Disguised demonic & poisoning villains; One abducted fluttery canary; A busybody & overly-plump pet psychic; The missing key of life; Three double-crossing leprechauns; One Guardian pussycat; The oh-so-spirited siblings; Nine lives to live...and their guinea pig! Arkeepers, available in digital and paperback.
- Author BiographyBest-selling children's author, W.J. Madsen, starting writing as a dare from his then second grade son who was having trouble writing a book report. You see, W.J. was trying to teach his son that as long as you have an imagination and a blank sheet of paper, you have the power to turn your written thoughts into the most amazing adventure of a lifetime. And what an adventure it has become! W.J. Madsen is a (RIF) Reading Is Fundamental booklist pick author. In 2007 he shared that spot with New York Times' best selling authors, Blue Balliett and Anna Dale. Madsen's quirky style of writing has been hailed as having a Wizard of Oz and Alice in Wonderland style (and appeal). He is the recipient of three Disney iParenting Media awards for best in book. Madsen's one-man crusade through the children's literary world has been written about in best-selling author, Laura B. Fortgang's 2011 book, The Prosperity Plan (Tarcher/Penguin). W.J. lives in New Jersey with his wife Beth, their kids, Jake & Alexa, a ravenous guinea pig named Sandy, the always-tempestuous feline, Tobias, and the one and only, Rex, the cat!
- Author(s)W J Madsen
- PublisherLittle M Books
- Date of Publication26/01/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLittle M Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight254 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.