All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionArlene Shechet has emerged as one of contemporary art's most inspiring and invative sculptors. This book presents over twenty years of work in a diversity of materials, from plaster to cast paper and from glass to ceramic. These materials, unlike most, are liquid before they are solid. Over the last ten years Shechet has generated a body of work remarkable for its embrace of clay - a medium often overlooked because of its associations with craft. Shechet's remarkable body of work has been described by the New Yorker as grotesque, hilarious, lovely. The recipient of broad recognition and numerous awards, Shechet's entire oeuvre is examined here in one stunning volume. Published in association with the Institute of Contemporary Art, Boston.
- Author BiographyJenelle Porter is the Mannion Family Senior Curator at the Institute of Contemporary Art/Boston. Meredith Martin is Associate Professor of Art History at New York University.
- Author(s)Jenelle Porter
- Date of Publication27/05/2015
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationMunich
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Out-of-print date21/12/2016
- Content Note175, 150 COLOUR
- Weight1542 g
- Width235 mm
- Height310 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.