All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $40.19Trending at AU $43.08
About this product
- DescriptionArmenian Christianity Today examines contemporary religious life and the social, political, and cultural functions of religion in the post-Soviet Republic of Armenia and in the Armenian Diaspora worldwide. Scholars from a range of countries and disciplines explore current trends and everyday religiosity, particularly within the Armenian Apostolic Church (AAC), and amongst Armenian Catholics, Protestants and vernacular religions. Themes examined include: Armenian grass-roots religiosity; the changing forms of regular worship and devotion; various types of congregational life; and the dynamics of social composition of both the clergy and lay believers. Exploring through the lens of Armenia, this book considers wider implications of 'postsecular' trends in the role of global religion.
- Author BiographyAlexander Agadjanian is a professor at the Center for the Study of Religion at the Russian State University for Humanities and has taught at a number of institutions in Russia, central Europe and the USA. His research interests include a wide range of topics on religion and modernity, approached from historical, sociological and anthropological perspectives. His areas of specialization have been first Southeast Asia and later post-Soviet Eastern Europe and Eurasia. He edited a few books in Russian, including a volume on religion and secularism; on current religious practices in Russia; and the studies of Russian Orthodox congregations. He was a co-editor of the volume 'Eastern Orthodoxy in a Global Age' (AltaMira Press, 2006) and of a special issue 'Evangelical, Pentecostal and Charismatic Churches in Latin America and Eastern Europe.' (Religion, State and Society, Vol. 40 (1), 2012).
- Author(s)Alexander Agadjanian
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication10/10/2014
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight680 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.