Armored Scale Insect Pests of Trees and Shrubs (Hemiptera: Diaspididae): Of Trees and Shrubs (Hemiptera : Diaspididae) by John A. Davidson, D. R. Miller (Hardback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $174.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $25.94+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionArmored scale insects are among the most damaging and least understood of the pests that prey on forest trees, fruit and nut crops, landscape ornamentals, and greenhouse plants. The passage of U.S. plant quarantine laws was prompted by devastation caused by an armored scale in the nineteenth century, and the appearance of new invasive species remains a vital concern at ports of entry and for arborists, farmers, nursery workers, foresters, and gardeners everywhere. This book provides the most comprehensive available information on the identification, field appearance, life history, and ecomic importance of the 110 ecomically important armored scale insects that are found in the United States. The authors have devised the first field key to ecomic armored scales, which will be invaluable to those trying to identify the pests and prevent the introduction of new exotics. (Most of the species covered are t native to the United States but broadly distributed across the globe.) The extensive color plates and highly detailed line drawings surpass anything available in other volumes on armored scale insects, and have t previously been published. Especially teworthy are the data on distribution, host plants, and the kinds of damage caused by armored scales. The species descriptions include scientific names, synyms, common names, field characteristics, microscopic characters, affinities, host plants, distribution by state, life history, ecomic damage, and selected references.
- Author BiographyDouglass R. Miller is a Research Entomologist at the Systematic Entomology Laboratory, USDA. He is coauthor of A Systematic Catalogue of the Eriococcidae (Felt Scales) (Hemiptera: Coccoidea) of the World. John A. Davidson is Professor Emeritus of Entomology at the University of Maryland, College Park. He is coauthor of Landscape IPM.
- Author(s)D. R. Miller,John A. Davidson
- PublisherCornell University Press
- Date of Publication01/07/2005
- SubjectLife Sciences: Zoology
- Place of PublicationIthaca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCornell University Press
- Content Note1057
- Weight2114 g
- Width229 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine29 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.20Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.