Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBecause power is fragile, it requires you naked. That is why the most powerful people in the world have sex in hotels. In fact, having sex in the best hotels makes you powerful. It doesn't matter how good the sex is, only how good the hotel is. Featuring three duologues, set in 2015, 1970 and 1981, all within the walls of London's Langham Hotel, The Armour is a site-specific drama about the lasting and changing effects of empire. The play received its world premiere at The Langham Hotel, in a promenade production, on 3 March 2015.
- Author BiographyBen Ellis is a playwright from Gippsland in Australia, now based in London. His significant works include Post Felicity (2001), Falling Petals (2002), a stage adaptation of Franz Kafka's The Metamorphosis (2005), and more recently Poet No. 7 (2006) and The Final Shot (Theatre503, 2007). His play The Captive explores the folklore surrounding the supposed capture of a white woman by aboriginal people in East Gippsland. Ellis's short play about the death of activist Rachel Corrie, Blindingly Obvious Facts, was featured in the 2007 Melbourne Top 30 season of the Short and Sweet short play competition. Ben Ellis was awarded the inaugural Malcolm Robertson Prize and the Patrick White Playwrights' Award for Post Felicity. He was also the recipient of the Wal Cherry Play of the Year Award in 2002 for Falling Petals.
- Author(s)Ben Ellis
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication03/03/2015
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Series TitleModern Plays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight76 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine4 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.15Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.