Army: An Illustrated History by Chester G. Hearn, Robert F. Dorr (Paperback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $20.76Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $14.60+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGet the complete story on the largest, oldest, and longest-serving branch of the US military. From the Continental Army during the American Revolutionary to the Coalition of the Willing in today's Iraq War, the United States Army has fulfilled its solemn charge for the past 235 years: to provide for the common defense, at home and abroad. To a significant degree, the US Army's story is the story of the United States, as becomes clear in this beautifully illustrated history of the military branch. From its beginnings as a rag-tag force of colonial militia to its current incarnation as the world's most powerful and sophisticated land-combat force, detail is left unexplored in Army: An Illustrated History. With an emphasis on post-Vietnam operations and detailed information on the techlogical component of the force's current military might, military historian Chester Hearn, with contributions on the past ten years of the branch's history by Robert F. Dorr, follows the US Army through its combat history-the American Revolution, the War of 1812, the Civil War, various Indian wars, the Spanish-American War, World Wars I and II, Korea, Vietnam, the first Gulf war, and Afghanistan and Iraq-offering a complete and thoroughly fascinating account of an armed force ever remaking itself to meet the challenges of an ever-changing world.
- Author BiographyCHESTER G. HEARN is an American military veteran and historian. He is the author of more than twenty books, including Six Years of Hell: Harpers Ferry During the Civil War and George Washington's Schooners: The First American Navy. Three of his books have been History Book Club selections. He lives in Erie, Pennsylvania. ROBERT F. DORR an air force veteran and a retired senior Foreign Service officer. He is the author of 70 books and thousands of magazine articles about the air force, aviation, and military affairs. He writes a weekly opinion column for Air Force Times, monthly columns for Combat Aircraft, Air International, and Aerospace America magazines, and a quarterly column for Air Power History, which he helped create. He is the author of Mission to Berlin, Mission to Tokyo, Hell Hawks!, Fighting Hitler's Jets, and Air Force One (all with Zenith Press).
- Author(s)Chester G. Hearn,Robert F. Dorr
- PublisherMotorbooks International
- Date of Publication07/05/2015
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationWisconsin
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMotorbooks International
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight862 g
- Width210 mm
- Height273 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.