Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionArmy Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (ATTP) 1-19, U.S. Army Bands, is the key doctrinal publication of Army bands. It outlines the fundamental principles of employing Army bands and provides an overview of operational considerations and the internal structure of Army bands. With the approval of the Force Design Update in May 2006, Army bands created small, flexible, and mobile teams designed to be capable of concurrent performances that reach more Soldiers in more locations globally. Army bands historically employed separate groups and ensembles from within the full band; current doctrine formalizes the practice. This modular design adjusts quantities of equipment to reflect the new personnel structure and mission, increasing flexibility to support troop morale, and expanding the ability for concurrent operations. Personnel authorizations drove the redesignation of bands as Army band (large) generally assigned to an Army command, Army band (medium) rmally assigned to the Army Service component command or corps level, and Army band (small) usually allocated to division headquarters or individual installations. This manual advocates an Army band staff cell (ABSC) as a theater-level asset designed to coordinate the employment of music performance teams (MPTs). The prototype of the ABSC was implemented successfully with the Multi-National Corps-Iraq during 2009 in Operation Iraqi Freedom. Chapter 1 defines the mission of Army bands and provides a brief historical perspective. Chapter 2 outlines the structure and delineates the capabilities of Army bands. Chapter 3 describes the types of missions for home and abroad and describes the basic operational and training requirements. The appendixes support the technical and administrative requirements of band operations. This manual applies to the bands of the Active Army, the Army National Guard/Army National Guard of the United States, and U.S. Army Reserve unless otherwise stated. The proponent of this publication is the United States Army Training and Doctrine Command. The preparing agency is the U.S. Army School of Music.
- Author(s)United States Government Us Army
- Date of Publication01/04/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectOther Specific Technologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight127 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.