All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionArnauds Restaurant is a leader of old guard New Orleans restaurants and a world-famous monument to the enduring allure of classic Creole cuisine. In a city kwn for its culinary excellence, Arnauds lasting success can be attributed in part to the constancy of its owners, from the 1918 colorful founder, Count Arnaud Cazenave, to his equally flamboyant daughter, Germaine Cazenave Wells, and w to her heir apparent, Archie A. Casbarian. This beautiful and extensive cookbook includes fascinating stories of Arnauds history and the celebrities who have dined there, photographs, cartoons, drawings, Arnaud memorabilia, and more than fifty scintillating dishes from the kitchen of the legendary French Quarter restaurant. Archie Casbarian is dedicated to the Arnauds Restaurant heritage and maintains its expansive menu, one that is replete with traditional recipes to which he adds a contemporary accent. Creole cooking is an exuberant, living cuisine, proprietor Casbarian emphasizes. It continuously evolves as we take advantage of Louisiana's rich bounty of fresh seafood, shellfish, produce, and culinary talent. Each of the famous recipes in Arnauds Restaurant Cookbook has been carefully adapted for use in the home kitchen, including Arnauds Oyster Soup, Trout Meunire, Oysters Arnaud and Bienville, as well as the restaurants spectacular dishes for special occasions from weddings to Mardi Gras. Evocative photographs capture diners basking in the joy of Arnaud meals. They illustrate the elegance of the many richly-appointed rooms and reveal behind-the-scenes moments with the devoted staff. Most significantly, the photographs display all the lusciousness of the completed dishes featured in the cookbook that can be recreated at home.
- Author BiographyKit Wohl is an award-winning author, photographer, and artist with a passion for the culinary arts. Her first book, Arnauds Restaurant Cookbook: New Orleans Legendary Creole Cuisine, published by Pelican, received national acclaim. She is also the author of The P&J Oyster Cookbook and has authored and photographed New Orleans Classic Desserts, New Orleans Classic Appetizers, New Orleans Classic Seafood, New Orleans Classic Gumbos and Soups, and New Orleans Classic Brunches. Wohl and Billy, her husband, live in the Big Easy. David G. Spielman is an accomplished photographer well known for his portraits of political, literary, artistic, and musical figures. His work is represented in private collections and museums in the U. S. and Great Britain, Austria, France, and Germany.
- Author(s)Kit Wohl
- PublisherPelican Publishing Co
- Date of Publication01/04/2005
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationGretna, LA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPelican Publishing Co
- Content NoteColour & b/w photos
- Weight1315 g
- Width254 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Photographs byDavid G. Spielman
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.